"There are risks and costs to a program of action. But they are far
less than the long-range risk and costs of comfortable inaction"
~ John F. Kennedy
The adults in our schools are committed to ensuring a safe environment for all to learn, develop, and grow. As part of this commitment, we provide multiple ways to communicate and report issues to those who can most immediately help. Such concerns may include, but are not limited to, bullying, abuse, bomb threats, cyber crimes, discrimination, drugs, health concerns, suspicious behavior, vandalism, fighting, & weapons. To most effectively address issues that impact a safe school, it takes a community of individuals committed to be a group of “upstanders” rather than “bystanders”. Students, families, and community members can report issues by:
(A) directly phoning the administration or guidance counselor(s) at your school phone number: YSHS / McKinney 937-767-7224 or Mills Lawn 937-767-7217.
- Toll-free phone number 1-866-listen2me to report your issue by phone or talk to someone outside the district. If necessary, the attendant can connect you to a trained support person.
- Online reporting system to report concerns which may affect the peace of mind of students or jeopardize the safety of people or school facilities.
We're here to help you! Your information will not be shared with anyone other than those involved with helping you and investigating your issue. The more you tell us, the more we can help you. Suggestions on what to include in your report:
- Bullying, harassment, intimidation -- Include the persons involved, number of times and places of the alleged conduct, the target of the prohibited behavior, and the names of any potential student or staff witnesses.
- Bullying includes any intentional, persistent and repetitive written, verbal, graphic, electronically transmitted, or physical act that a student or group of students exhibits toward another student and the behavior both: a) causes mental or physical harm to the other student; AND b) is sufficiently severe that it creates an intimidating, threatening or abusive educational environment for the victim.
- Suspicious or violent behavior -- Include the persons involved, the basis of the suspicion such as things said, actions, possible weapons, behavior patterns, and witnesses
- Theft or vandalism -- Include the persons involved, the basis of the suspicion such as things said, actions, possible weapons, behavior patterns, and witnesses
- Weapons -- Include the persons involved, the type of weapon, the current location of the weapon (to the best of your knowledge), and any suspicious actions or behaviors
- Drugs or alcohol abuse -- Include the persons involved, the type and location of the drugs, number of times and places of the alleged use/abuse
- Personal problems -- If you would like to talk to someone about your issue and don't feel comfortable writing about your issue below, just provide your contact information and someone from the district will contact you. If you'd like to talk to someone outside the district, call 1-866-listen2me and the attendant will connect you to a trained support person
*If you choose to remain anonymous, we may not have enough information to properly address your situation or resolve your issue.