If you and your children experience homelessness, please contact Donna First, the district’s student services director and district homelessness liaison. Contact Donna First by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 937-767-7381x1007 or 937-672-8559.
The school district can help with enrolling your child in a new school or arranging for your child to continue in his or her former school.
Definition of Homelessness
The McKinney-Vento Law states that homelessness includes individuals who do not have a fixed, regular, and adequate home because they have lost their own home.
This applied to the following situations:
- Families who have lost their home due to financial or other hardships.
- Families living sharing housing with friends/relatives due to loss of their own home.
- Families living in hotels, motels, campgrounds, or parks that are not permanent residences (i.e. lack living accommodation such as heat and running water).
- Families living in emergency shelters or individuals who have been abandoned in hospitals.
- Families who are living in cars, parks, or public places.
Please click HERE to see a brochure from the Ohio Department of Education for more information about the Rights of Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness.