Project-Based Learning (PBL)
Project-based learning (PBL) is at the heart of Yellow Springs Schools instructional approach. PBL is a teaching method in which students learn by actively engaging in real-world and personally meaningful projects. In PBL, students gain knowledge and skills by working for an extended period of time to investigate and respond to an authentic, engaging, and complex question, problem, or challenge. (PBL Works)
Yellow Springs Schools has been using PBL pedagogy since the 2013-14 school year.
Project-Based Learning Information
- What is PBL?
- Why use PBL in Yellow Springs Schools?
- How does PBL work?
- Do students still learn content standards with PBL?
- Seven Project-Based Teaching Practices (PBL Works)
- Seven Essential Project Design Elements (PBL Works)
- Additional PBL Information and Resources