Monday, Jan. 4, 2021
Happy New Year Yellow Springs Students & Families,
I hope everyone had a restful and healthy holiday break! As we return from Winter Break we wanted to send a few reminders:
- To allow for sufficient quarantine time after the Winter Break, there are NO Safe Centers for Online Learning (SCOLs) from Tuesday, January 5 through Friday, January 8, and NO in-person activities on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. There will be remote-only learning the week of January 5-8, 2021.
- The tentative start date for a 50% hybrid is Tuesday, January 19. The criteria for determining our educational delivery model is detailed in our Educational Model Decision-Making Tree in The Bulldog Blueprint 3.0: 2nd Semester Transition Plan and is based on COVID-19 data. These metrics will be reviewed each Thursday to determine our educational delivery model, and this information will be prominently posted on the COVID-19 page of our website, ysschools.org. Again, this is a tentative plan and we will look at identified metrics the Thursday before the start of the semester, January 14.
- Even if we must remain completely virtual at the start of the second semester, parents who do not want their children back in the buildings in-person at any time during the second semester should contact our Student Services Director, Donna First, at email@example.com or (937) 767-7381, by Monday, January 11, 2021.
- Our Application for Bus Transportation is now online. We ask families who think they will need busing at any point upon our return to complete an Application for Bus Transportation as soon as possible. This application is available on our Transportation webpage or by clicking here. Please note that we need a transportation form for each bus rider.
- Food service delivery will resume on Wednesday, January 6, 2021.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.
Dr. Terri L. Holden