Details About 100% Online Learning Option
(Lincoln Learning, Edmentum & Apex)
For those parents who do not wish to send their children to Yellow Springs once we return in a hybrid format on March 1, the district has three options. All of these options have been communicated earlier, but I would like to restate them:
- Grades K-5 Lincoln Learning (through the Greene County Online Learning Collaborative)
- Grades 6-8 Edmentum (through the Greene County Online Learning Collaborative)
- Grades 9-12 Apex (through YSHS)
In ALL cases, the following holds true:
- Students are still enrolled in Yellow Springs Schools.
- For all grades, there is a teacher-advocate assigned to support students with questions about the online curriculum.
- For students who choose this option and are on an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), the district is required to support and will support these students in one of the following ways:
- Every student who qualifies for IEP services is offered in-person or virtual sessions in addition to the online lessons.
- Those whose disability needs are not able to be served by the combination are offered virtual or in-person supports and/or home instruction based on individual needs and parents' comfort level with in-person instruction.
This is discussed individually with the parent/family, the intervention specialist, and the Director of Student Services.
If you wish to enroll your child in one of these online programs and have not yet spoken to Donna First, please reach out to her at email@example.com or 937-672-8559.