Yellow Springs Schools have a longstanding reputation for encouraging critical thinking, individual creativity, respect and appreciation for diversity, and authentic learning in science, the fine arts and the humanities. The public schools are a vital and integral part of the Yellow Springs community and provide an education based on the belief that small schools can provide big opportunities.
Along with students, teachers, staff, parents, and community members, our school board has set out to create a proactive plan that furthers the reputation of Yellow Springs Schools as one of the most progressive and innovative school districts in the nation. The result is the 2020 Plan: a clear set of six strategic priorities and associated goals that serves as a roadmap for the future of our schools.
- Make Sure Our Students Succeed
- Create an Innovative Teaching and Learning Model
- Develop High-Performing and Diverse Faculty, Staff and Administrators
- Fund the Future
- Ensure a Functional and Supportive Learning Infrastructure
- Explore New Structures for the Education System
For more information on the history and evolution of the 2020 Plan, you can access a full copy of the plan (pdf file) and the most recent board update (PowerPoint file) to the left, under Downloads.