mills Lawn elementary guidance counselor
Hello and welcome to the 2019-20 school year. This school year will be a productive year for everyone in our school community. Listed below are the features of what will be provided from the Guidance Office:
- Continuation of the Peace Project with an emphasis on increasing and empowering our students with Conflict Resolution Skills and Mediation training.
- 1:1 Counseling, Group Counseling and Thematic units on contemporary and current issues.
- Incentive programs that include but are not limited to Bulldog Bucks, Skills for Life and being Bulldog Brave.
- Mentoring and networking with Project Charlie, Students Promoting Inclusion, Diversity and Equity in Education (SPIDEE), Student Council, MLS Buddy Program, Village Mediation Program of Yellow Springs, Yellow Springs Police Department and other community based organizations.
- School wide activities such as Mix It Up Day, Spirit Week, Peace Week, Boys/Girls Night, Project Based Learning and other cooperative programs.
- Support of state mandated testing.
- Advocating for the needs of students, teachers, administration, staff, Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) and parents/caregivers.
- Partnering with the administration and front office on the day to day operations of Mills Lawn.
I am excited to be part of the Mills Lawn Community and invite you to contact me at anytime via email, telephone, face to face or letter.
John Gudgel, Guidance Counselor
firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 767-7217
“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education.”
Martin Luther King Jr.