Thank you for taking an interest in Yellow Springs Schools! We are always looking for innovative, 21st Century educators who see teaching and empowering young people as a life calling.
Employment opportunities are offered without regard to age, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, gender, handicap, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran. Qualified applicants who are disabled and require special assistance to respond to this employment announcement should contact the Yellow Springs Board of Education at 201 S. Walnut St., Yellow Springs, OH 45387.
Open Positions for 2019-2020
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A letter of interest
- A complete resume or curriculum vita that includes contact information, desired position, Ohio regular or alternative licensures, relevant work experience, and education.
- A one page response to the following prompt:
"If content standards did not exist, and testing did not exist, and you were not beholden to teach any particular subject, what would you teach students? How would you teach students? How does that differ with the current reality of what and how you teach students now?"
- Contact information for three to five professional references. Reference contacts should include current and former supervisors.
- A scanned Signed Release Form.
- A scanned copy of current transcripts
- A scanned copy of current licenses
- A copy of the BCI/FBI background check
All application materials should be submitted directly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address listed by each position opening. Our hope is that this will streamline the process for all involved.
Classified Positions: Applicants are required to submit a complete application packet for classified positions. The complete application packet includes: a completed Classified Employment Application Form with three references, an updated resume, a letter of interest, transcripts (if available), and a current BCI/FBI background check if selected for final interview. If applying for an Instructional Aide position, permit (if available). For Bus Driver positions CDL and Certification preferred, but the district office can help with the process of obtaining these, if needed.